Will Smith Reconsidering Role In ‘independence Day’ Sequel
PHOTOS: 30 Groundbreaking Sci-Fi Films Given the low $27.5 million domestic bow and 12 percent Rotten Tomatoes score, top executives at several rival studios estimate that if the film doesn’t score big overseas, it could lose tens of millions. Sony insiders put the loss at about $20 million but rivals, not surprisingly, are guessing much higher. That puts a lot of pressure on the rest of Sony’s summer, including Roland Emmerich’s White House Down, Grown Ups 2, the comedy This Is the End, Smurfs 2 and Matt Damon’s Elysium. So who suffers most from the fallout? Competitors and talent representatives concur that faltering director M. Night Shyamalan will take the biggest hit, but Smith — who conceived the project, produced it with wife Jada Pinkett Smith and cast son Jaden Smith as its co-star — has the most to lose. Insiders agree that Smith’s bulletproof image could be dinged by several factors: PHOTOS:Hollywood Dynasties: Top 14 Movies Featuring Stars and Their Kids Lack of Focus:A source who has worked with the CAA-repped Smith — arguably the world’s most bankable star — says he has been less attuned to his movie career recently. Nearly four years passed between Seven Pounds and last summer’s Men in Black 3. “One thing you’ve got to do as an actor is portfolio management,” says this person. “Will went through a place where he didn’t do a lot of movies, and none has been great.” The bottom line: “He could still be highly successful, but it was automatic before. Now audiences will look more carefully.” Off-Message Media: Smith, 44, and his 14-year-old son gave a joint interview to New York magazine that one prominent producer describes as “a jaw-dropper.” Will Smith described himself as “a student of patterns,” adding, “At heart, I’m a physicist.” Even as the elder Smith described how visitors to his household would be surprised to find that it is “simple and basic,” Jaden declared: “I like Cartier,” noting “before that, it was Louis” (as in, Vuitton). And that type of coverage leads to Less Fresh Prince and More Royal Prince: This began with buzz about Smith’s behavior (and his gigantic trailer) during the making of MiB3. Says a prominent film exec who has worked with Smith: “That aw-shucks, incredibly charming, self-effacing spirit doesn’t seem to play anymore. You can see it on talk shows. He’s got that energy and positive attitude, but it doesn’t have the same contagious quality.” Another Smith associate believes such behavior takes a creative toll.
Will Smith & Jaden Smith Reveal What It’s Like To Be In Their Family
10. Celebrity Photos: September 2013 Rihanna attended a photocall to launch Rihanna for River Island SS14 collection in London on Sept. 10. Celebrity Photos: September 2013 Jessica Alba did some shopping with a friend in New York City on Sept. 10. Celebrity Photos: September 2013 Claire Danes, Damian Lewis, Morena Baccarin and Mandy Patinkin attended a special screening of “Homeland” at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington D.C. on Sept. 9. Celebrity Photos: September 2013 Stacy Keibler was spotted out and about wearing a jumpsuit in NYC on Sept. 9. Celebrity Photos: September 2013 Lea Michele wore a purple coat as she took a solemn walk through Central Park while filming scenes for “Glee” in NYC on Sept. 9. Celebrity Photos: September 2013 Victoria Beckham was spotted out and about in New York City on Sept.
After news came out that the star would not appear in the sequel, it was reported that he will soon meet withdirector Roland Emmerich to discuss a possible part in the upcoming film. During a recent interview with Digital Bits , Emmerich said,”I sometimes say ‘no, Will Smith will not be in it,’ because he didn’t want to do it at first. Now we have a meeting planned. We want to talk about it again. Anything can happen.” It’s unclear how much screen time Smith would have in the new movie, which Emmerich hopes to skew toward a younger audience. The shift in Smith’s interest level may be motivated by the hit to his reputation from in his critically panned box office bomb, After Earth. During an interview with Entertainment Weekly earlier this year, Emmerich spun out the plot of the forthcoming sequel. Smith’s involvement wouldn’t necessitate a revision, but it might alter the way the action unfolds. “The humans knew that one day the aliens would come back. And they know the only way you can really travel in space is through wormholes. So for the aliens, it could take two or three weeks, but for us that’s 20 or 25 years,” said the director. “[But] it’s a changed world. It’s like parallel history. [Humans] have harnessed all this alien technology.” Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman are expected to reprise their roles.
- Beauty tips for escorts
- Beauty Tips For Escorts Women On The Go
- Cosmetic Surgery Suggestions Before Making The Decision for Escorts
- De-stress guides for london escorts
- Escorts Agencies website hosting tips
- Escorts Agency Video Marketing: Make It Better For Yourself Today
- Escorts Guide : Being As Healthy As Possible During Your Pregnancy
- High Class Escort London For Gentlemen
- London Escorts : Relax Into A World Of Fun
- London Escorts Personal Development Guide
- London Escorts Photography
- Personal Finances guide for london escorts